Which leads me to a whole library of Bollywood tearfest options, so very many to choose from!
And while filling my very being with various forms of choccolate, cake based, confectionary based, yoghurt based, ice-cream based, beverage based, (yes, I feel this list is a valuable bit of information that needs to be included), biscuit based, and on desperate days even cereal based.
I watched the Rekha version of Umrao Jaan for the thousandeth time, (No offence Aishwarya, but if it ain't broke, dont fix it) and it was the final scene, when she sings 'Yeh Kya Jageh Hai', that I was like: WTF White Tears, and why don't Desi Tears get as much airtime! (well actually I understand the deep rooted history of why Desi tears don't matter).
But I think we do the whole crying thing so well. So, so well, no one can cry as good as a Desi girl, we run the crying game, we take it to the next level. Just look at Rekha, in this scene, I think everyone in the world wishes they slayed like this when they cried.
Which in turn has led me to compile a collection of key crying moments from Bollywood divas that the world can learn from. Grab your tissues, and enjoy:
2. Aishwarya Rai, the red eyes, red bindi matching look
3. Kajol, getting that bottom lip involved in the teary face
4. Katrina Kaif, I am so mad tears, but these tears don't fall in public
5. Preity Zinta, the little trail down my face, but make up is flawless still
6. And courtsey of The Pakistani Martha Stewart, hijabi's do it best with modest tears
7. I cannot express enough how much I love the artist HateCopy, even our tears are not bland, ain't just salt and pepper here
8. Priyanka Chopra, saying it like it is. Never mess with her "Garrooor"
9. Deepika Padukone, the sideways don't look at me teary face
10. Artist the Pakistani Martha Stewart (shout out to my girl Faryal Makhdoom)
11. And the lady herself Madhuri Dixit
So put on yer Golden tikka crown, deck out with some baanga, draw those red bindi dots, get some chai and chocolate and you cry those tears sisters. Cleanse like a diva.